we stand behind our work
If it breaks, we will fix it!*
People always ask us, “How long should this last?”. Village Dental strives for perfection and satisfaction, which is why we are happy to provide you our warranty—something few other offices offer.
In dental health, even with today's high tech, almost everything we have learned is on the preventive side—if you spend 4 minutes in the morning and 4 minutes in the evening brushing, flossing and doing any other special treatments your dentist and hygienist have recommended and let your dentist or hygienist professionally clean your teeth, check for decay, apply a fluoride treatment, or apply sealants, you can prevent most or all disease. This is why all our warranties will be null and void if we don’t see you for your regular 6-month check-ups. With 6 month check-ups your teeth and gums are winners!
*Patient must maintain 6-month recall appointments for warranty.
- When a tooth has a cavity the dentist removes the decay and fills the hole with a composite filling, which is ideally no more than 50% of the tooth. The tooth is what supports the filling. When you get a cavity that takes up 60% or more of the tooth, a crown is indicated. A crown covers the entire tooth and holds the tooth together. Sometimes we place a filling thinking there is enough tooth to hold the filling when actually there is not. The tooth then starts to break away because it can no longer support the filling. In this case we will credit the cost of the filling toward the cost of a crown and build up. In addition, for a period of 5 years from the date of service, we will refund the cost of a composite filling due to breakage, misfit or decay at no cost to the patient.
- This warranty will be null and void if the patient does not maintain his/her 6-month continuing care cleaning appointments.
crown or bridge
- For a period of 5 years from the date of service, we will replace a crown or bridge due to breakage, misfit, or decay at no cost to the patient.*
- This warranty is null and void if the patient does not maintain his/her 6-month continuing care cleaning appointments.
*Gold and porcelain crowns are the same for practically all cases except that porcelain can chip. Approximately one (1) out of every 100 porcelain crowns chip and need replacement. This will never happen with gold crowns. If your porcelain crown chips in the first five (5) years, we will replace it free. However, if it chips after the five-year period, you will be charged the regular fee for a new crown. This should be taken into consideration when choosing between a porcelain or a gold crown.
- Do root canals always work? No! A root canal is a therapy not a cure. It has a high success rate but 4% fail. If your root canal fails, we may send you to an endodontist who specializes in root canals and why they fail. If this is your case, for a period of 5 years from the date of service, we will refund your cost of a root canal due to failure. In addition, if the tooth cannot be saved, the cost of the crown and build up placed in our office will credited toward the replacement of that tooth during that 5-year period.