How To Fix Stained Teeth in Greenwood Village
Fix stained teeth with Village Dental whitening treatments
OR CALL (303) 220-7662
Do you have yellow teeth or noticeable stains?
At Village Dental, we offer both in-office teeth whitening procedures and take-home whitening trays and gel. Both treatment options are safe, non-invasive, and comfortable. In just one office visit or a few weeks of consistently using our custom take-home trays, you can remove visible surface stains from your teeth and brighten your entire smile without causing sensitivity!
What causes stained teeth?
Most people have some degree of discoloration on their teeth, and it can stem from a number of factors. Some stains are intrinsic, meaning they result from internal factors within the body or tooth structure. Other stains are extrinsic, which are caused by external factors often related to lifestyle. Some of the most common reasons for stained teeth are:
- Poor dental care – Brushing and flossing daily are essential to maintaining oral health on every level. Without practicing these essential dental hygiene habits and getting professional cleanings, food residue and plaque can build up and cause staining.
- Certain foods and drinks – From red wine and coffee to certain berries and sauces, there are a number of foods and drinks that have been shown to worsen stained teeth.
- Smoking – Tobacco use is a prominent culprit of discolored teeth.
- Aging – As we get older, the natural daily wear and tear from talking and chewing weakens the enamel over time. This causes our teeth to become more translucent and prone to staining.
- Disease – Certain illnesses such as diabetes, metabolic deficiencies, eating disorders, and more can have a major impact on the strength and appearance of your teeth.
Medications – Many common medications including antibiotics and antihistamines can contribute to tooth discoloration.
Whether your stained teeth are caused by intrinsic or extrinsic factors (or a combination of both), we can work with you to provide treatment to remove stains and give you a whiter, brighter smile.
Treatments for stained teeth
In-office whitening treatments
Our professional in-office teeth whitening treatments can fix stained teeth and dramatically brighten your smile in just a single visit. The procedure is non-invasive and comfortable, even for patients who deal with tooth sensitivity. The whole process only takes about two hours and is completely customizable – we’ll formulate the whitening treatment to achieve your desired result! Learn more.
Take-home whitening trays
Our custom-made, take-home teeth whitening trays are a convenient and affordable alternative to in-office whitening treatments. They can also be used in conjunction with professional whitening, as a way to maintain your bright smile between visits! We offer FREE take-home whitening for life to our dedicated patients. Just take the custom trays and gel home with you and whiten your teeth from the comfort of your own home! Learn more.
While teeth whitening treatments are a highly effective method to fix stained teeth, porcelain veneers may be the ideal treatment option for patients dealing with more than one cosmetic concern. Veneers are thin shells that can be placed over your natural teeth and can improve the appearance of stains and discoloration as well as crooked, rotated, cracked, or chipped teeth. They look just like your natural teeth and will leave you with a white, straight smile! Learn more.
How can I prevent stained teeth?
- Practice proper dental hygiene daily by brushing, flossing, and rinsing with non-abrasive mouthwash.
- Visit your dentist every 6 months to get professional cleanings.
- Eat a healthy diet and cut back on foods and drinks that cause staining.
- Avoid smoking and limit alcohol.
- Protect the strength of your enamel by drinking plenty of water, limiting ultra-acidic foods and drinks, and avoiding unnecessary wear and tear.
Kind words from our patients
— Blake H.
— Lisa E.
We’re conveniently located in the Denver Tech Center area. Find us on the 4th floor of the Triad Office Park building. Plenty of free parking available.
Book your visit online
View available appointments and enjoy dentistry done right. +FREE teeth whitening for life.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will my teeth whitening procedure be covered by insurance?
Because teeth whitening is primarily a cosmetic treatment, it’s unlikely that insurance will cover your procedure. However, Village Dental offers regular patients FREE whitening treatments for life. When you get a cleaning every 6 months, we can send you home with take-home whitening trays so that you can easily maintain your smile. Learn more.
Do you offer amenities for patients with dental anxiety?
Absolutely! We understand that dental anxiety is a common problem for patients, and it can lead to avoiding the dentist entirely. Our team is friendly and compassionate and our care and pricing are always transparent. We offer a number of amenities to prioritize patient comfort including essential oils, warm compresses, and more. Learn more.
If you’d like to talk to a qualified dentist in the Greenwood Village area about how to fix stained teeth, other cosmetic issues, routine dental care, or anything else, we’re here to help! Give us a call at (303) 220-7662 to get your questions answered today.